The Daffodil Run, or walk is a new event from Pooley Bridge on Sat 19th.
Entries are open now for individuals and families….for both ‘walkers’ and ‘runners’ starts.
The primary aim is to remind people how beautiful Pooley Bridge and Ullswater is, and how it has suffered following the loss of it’s famous bridge. Come and enjoy and good run or walk, see the new bridge under construction and support the pubs and shops of Pooley Bridge. The event has the support of the Parish Council, The Daffodil Festival and the Ullswater Association.
- The route runs from Pooley Bridge to Hallin Fell, via The Cockpit and Martindale Church, and then back the same way. It is easy to follow.
- The route is a mixture of good trails, and paths, some wet under foot, a little bit of tarmac lane and the open slopes of Hallin Fell, but still on a reasonably good path. The route returns exactly the same way.
- The route will be simply sign-posted, with event marshals at key points, but is very easy to follow. It will be very easy to ‘navigate’ – no special skills needed. There will be two drinks stations that you will pass twice each.
- This is an event for everyone, whatever your speed or competitive edge.
- The event is open to all abilities, with walkers setting off between 9:00 and 10:30am, then runners at 11.00am.
For more information please click here